A typical Body Scan runs through each part of your body, paying special attention to the way each area feels.
The scan moves systematically through the body:
- Toes of both feet;
- The rest of the feet (top, bottom, ankle);
- Lower legs;
- Pelvic region (buttocks, tailbone, pelvic bone, genitals);
- Lower back;
- Upper back (back ribs & shoulder blades);
- Hands (fingers, palms, backs, wrists);
- Arms (lower, elbows, upper);
- Face and head (jaw, mouth, nose, cheeks, ears, eyes, forehead, scalp, back&top of the head);
- The “blowhole”
After the Body Scan is complete and the participants is ready to come back to the room with the attention, you can slowly open your eyes and move naturally to a comfortable sitting position.
Fleming & Kocovski, 2007